How To Achieve Targeted Marketing For Owners Who Rent Homes - 7 Easy Steps
As an owner who rents their home, it is important to ensure targeted marketing that attracts the right tenant for your rental property in the shortest period of time. It is essential to place a clear focus on professional and specific marketing in line with the rental property’s key features.
There are many ways in which you as an owner who rents their property can achieve a successful, targeted marketing campaign for your rental property:
1. FOR RENT SIGN - Place a for rent sign on the front fence of the property. If there is no front fence, it’s best to position the sign outside the front window, facing the street.
2. RENTAL VACANCY LISTING - Upload a rental vacancy listing and feature your property on agency vacancy lists. They attract a high volume of interest and traffic.
3. PROPERTY LISTING WEBSITE - Property Listing Websites are the go to for tenants and are an easy way to achieve targeted marketing for your rental property. These can often generate large amounts of traffic and sites such as Realestate.com.au allow the tenant to filter for their specific needs.
4. PROFESSIONAL SNAPS - Professional photos provide a selling point for the property. It’s crucial to include a large number of high quality images. A good angle and clear image can encourage a prospective tenant to visit the property, while a bad photo can deter them. Make sure to capture the key features of your property to appeal to your targeted audience.
5. FOR RENT FLYERS - For rent flyers are a good method in spreading the word as you can easily target a specific suburb or area, however this can be time consuming. An alternative could be to connect with local groups requiring accommodation and are contacted with up to date listings. For example, Brisbane hospitals, large local employers and other community groups.
6. NEWSPAPER LISTING - Newspaper advertising is somewhat outdated but it is certainly a targeted marketing technique which can capture a certain group of tenants. The Courier Mail also has an online presence these days. Owners who rent homes, if you do opt for print, it’s important to ensure the property address is noted to allow for interested parties to do a drive by.
7. KEEP IT CLEAN! - Cleanliness during the inspection is essential as it sets a precedent for how the property should be kept. Pretty please ensure the toilet seat is down at an open home to maintain a high level of cleanliness and presentation for the rental property.
Owners who rent their properties should follow these seven steps to implement your targeted marketing campaign. You will be well on your way to finding a suitable tenant for your property.